Recipe by BellesMama
I got this recipe a few years ago out of the local newspaper. It is really yummy!
- 1 (3 ounce) package strawberry gelatin
- 1 (16 ounce) container frozen strawberries, sliced and sweetened
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- 2 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease (don't flour) a 9x13 pan.
- In a small bowl, combine the gelatin and the strawberries, with their liquid. Set aside.
- Sprinkle the marshmallows evenly across the bottom of the prepared pan.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder and salt.
- In a large bowl, use a mixer to beat the sugar and butter, until the mixture is light and fluffy.
- Beat in the eggs, one at a time.
- Beat in the vanilla.
- Beat in the flour mixture, in thirds, alternating with the milk. Make sure to beat well and scrape the bowl between additions.
- Pour the mixture over the marshmallows, gently spreading it edge to edge.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Top with whipped cream and fresh strawberries.