Recipe by BecR
I really like this blend of strawberry, banana, pineapple and orange along with the vanilla. A healthy and delicious way to start the day. Tip: Use a nice & firm banana, NOT an overripe one! Clipped this from some magazine.
- 1 pint fresh strawberries (or a 10-oz. container of frozen ones, thawed 25-30 seconds in a microwave)
- 1 large banana
- 1 cup of sliced pineapple
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 12 ice cubes
Directions See How It's Made
- Blend first six ingredients in a blender. Add ice cubes 1 or 2 at a time while blending. Serve immediately.
- Note: For a creamier smoothie, add vanilla yogurt. For an extra nutritional boost, add protein powder (skip the water and yogurt, though, as it will make the consistency too foamy).