Prep 15 mins
Cook 18 mins
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup butter, cold
- 1 (6 ounce) container nonfat yogurt (orange-flavored)
- 1 cup strawberry (fresh or frozen)
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- Preheat oven to 400°F Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and sugar in a food processor. Pulse for 5 seconds to combine.
- Cut butter into 4 or 5 pieces and add to food processor with flour mixture. Process for 10-15 seconds until no large pieces of butter remain.
- Add yogurt and frozen strawberries to food processor. Pulse for 10-15 seconds until mixture comes together into a ball.
- Divide dough in half and shape into two balls. Place the balls on the baking sheet and press down until dough is 1-1½ inches thick. With a knife, cut a cross into the dough so that each disk is divided into 4 pieces.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes, until scones are lightly browned. Let the scones cool on the sheet for 5-10 minutes. Divide the scones along the lines you cut before baking and remove to a wire rack to cool.
- While scones cool, prepare the glaze. Combine powdered sugar and orange juice in a small bowl. Stir until smooth. When scones are cool enough to touch (it’s ok if they’re still a little warm, especially if you still want to serve them warm), drizzle glaze onto scones with a fork.