1 hr 30 mins
This calorie laden delicious ice cream makes enough ice cream for a large crowd. Cook time is estimated processing time which changes with machine used. Recipe source: local newspaper article on home made ice cream.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 eggs (or egg substitute to equal 4 eggs)
- 2 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen strawberries, partially thawed
- 1 -2 ripe banana, mashed
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- 1 (16 ounce) can strawberry soda
- 1 (15 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 (15 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 1***Very important*** If using eggs they must be pasteurized to make ice cream safe to eat.
- 2To pasteurize eggs: in a top pan of a double boiler or use two saucepans (the bottom one will have boiling water) stir together eggs, 1/2 cup evaporated milk, 1/2 cup sugar, 4 teaspoons water and 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar over boiling water over med-low heat.
- 3Stir constantly until mixture reaches 160°F.
- 4If you don't stir constantly eggs will cook.
- 5Cool in refrigerator before continuing.
- 6In a large bowl beat pasteurized eggs (or egg substitute) until foamy.
- 7Add remaining sugar to egg and beat well.
- 8Add rest of ingredients and stir well.
- 9Pour into 6-quart ice cream freezer and process (freeze) according to manufacturer's directions.
Browse Our Top Frozen Desserts Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Frozen Desserts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Strawberry Sundae Ice Cream
Serving Size: 1 (3786 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1308.8
- Calories from Fat 588
- Total Fat 65.4 g
- Saturated Fat 33.8 g
- Cholesterol 324.1 mg
- Sodium 430.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 166.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.9 g
- Sugars 142.8 g
- Protein 23.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: