Recipe by ellie_
This calorie laden delicious ice cream makes enough ice cream for a large crowd. Cook time is estimated processing time which changes with machine used. Recipe source: local newspaper article on home made ice cream.
- 4 eggs (or egg substitute to equal 4 eggs)
- 2 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen strawberries, partially thawed
- 1 -2 ripe banana, mashed
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- 1 (16 ounce) can strawberry soda
- 1 (15 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 (15 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 cups half-and-half
Directions See How It's Made
- ***Very important*** If using eggs they must be pasteurized to make ice cream safe to eat.
- To pasteurize eggs: in a top pan of a double boiler or use two saucepans (the bottom one will have boiling water) stir together eggs, 1/2 cup evaporated milk, 1/2 cup sugar, 4 teaspoons water and 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar over boiling water over med-low heat.
- Stir constantly until mixture reaches 160°F.
- If you don't stir constantly eggs will cook.
- Cool in refrigerator before continuing.
- In a large bowl beat pasteurized eggs (or egg substitute) until foamy.
- Add remaining sugar to egg and beat well.
- Add rest of ingredients and stir well.
- Pour into 6-quart ice cream freezer and process (freeze) according to manufacturer's directions.