Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
I found this recipe on the "Mom Spark" blog on Pinterest--made it for Easter and it was fabulous! Had to put it here so I wouldn't lose the recipe.
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened, plus more for pie plate
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 lb strawberry, hulled and halved
- whipped cream, for garnish (optional)
- 1.Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter a 10-inch pie plate. Sift flour, baking powder, and salt together into a medium bowl.
- 2. Put butter and 1 cup sugar in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. Mix on medium-high speed until pale and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Reduce speed to medium-low; mix in egg, milk, and vanilla.
- 3. Reduce speed to low; gradually mix in flour mixture. Transfer batter to buttered pie plate. Arrange strawberries on top of batter, cut sides down and as close together as possible. Sprinkle remaining 2 tablespoons sugar over berries.
- 4. Bake cake 10 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 325 degrees. Bake until cake is golden brown and firm to the touch, about 1 hour. Let cool in pie plate on a wire rack. Cut into wedges. Cake can be stored at room temperature, loosely covered, up to 2 days.