Recipe by Shar-on
Most summers I enjoy going strawberry picking at a "U Pick". The Blue Diamond Berry Farm is one of these U-Picks and they hand out recipes you can make with strawberries. This is one of these recipes which is a nice variation from the regular matrimonial cake made with dates.
Top Review by * Pamela *
Thanks Shar-on for suggesting this yummy dessert! We picked 5 buckets of strawberries at Connery's Berry farm and this was a great recipe to use them up. I followed your directions exactly and it turned out great! Thanks again.
- 1 1⁄2 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 cups pureed strawberries
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Topping: Blend dry ingredients.
- Cutting in butter until crumbly.
- Use 2/3 of this mixture, press into a 9" or 10" square cake pan.
- Keep the other 1/3 for topping.
- Filling: Mix tog.
- sugar and cornstarch, blending in the strawberry puree and lemon juice.
- Bring to boil and cook until thick.
- Pour over the crumb base and spread the remaining crumbs on top.
- Bake at 350 degF for 30-35 minutes or until golden.
- Chill well before cuttiing.