Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
I just made this for my 3 yr old son this morning - all the measurements are approximate since I made only one serving. I didn't actually eat it myself but he wolfed it down meaning it was a winner.
- 1 slice whole wheat bread
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened strawberry preserves
- 1 ounce cream cheese, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- fresh strawberries, sliced (optional)
- icing sugar
- maple syrup
- Cut the slice of bread in half.
- One one side, spread strawberry preserves, and on the other - the cream cheese.
- Make it into a sandwich.
- Beat egg, vanilla and cinnamon together.
- Dip the sandwich into the egg mixture, making sure to coat both sides.
- Spray frying pan or melt some butter, cook the sandwich till each side is golden brown.
- Transfer to plate, cut in half.
- Sprinkle with some icing sugar and drizzle maple syrup on top.
- Serve immediately with sliced strawberries.
This was sooooo good, and so easy to make!! My 18 month old absolutely loved it too! I will be making it again! :)
Good stuff, mmmm! I used 2 slices of bread, and DH topped his with banana slices.