Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
A recipe from the blog : I Wash... You dry. (http://iwashyoudry.com/2012/05/15/strawberry-stuffed-chocolate-chip-cinnamon-cookies/)
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup white sugar
- 3⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 cups chocolate chips
- 15 small fresh strawberries, stems removed
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl combine butter, white sugar, and brown sugar, and beat with an electric mixer until creamy and fluffy. Slowly add the eggs, and vanilla, and continue to mix until combined.
- In a separate bowl combine the flour, cinnamon, salt, and baking soda. Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, still beating until the cookie dough forms. Add the chocolate chips and fold them into the dough.
- Take a small amount of cookie dough and place it in one hand, top with a fresh strawberry, and then top with another small amount of cookie dough. Using your hands, carefully cup around the cookie dough to enclose the strawberry, pinching the sides as you go.
- Bake for 11-12 minutes or until the cookies is done to your liking. Let cool on the cookie sheet for 3 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
Boomie - I'm so sorry to have to give these cookies such a low rating. This recipe just does not work in the end. Even though I thoroughly made sure the strawberries were room temperature and dry, after baking the dough around the mound of strawberry just soaked up moisture and broke apart. The next day they were so moist I was afraid to eat them. I tried a cookie soon after baking and the flavors were good but the moisture is a huge issue. I am wondering if you chopped up the strawberries if that would not work better instead of mounding around a small one? I so wish I could have given this more stars ... the recipe just needs a new method to incorporate the strawberries without being whole. Made for The Circus Has Come Photo Forum Challenge.