- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 2 1⁄3 cups flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh strawberries or 1 1⁄2 cups frozen strawberries, chopped
FOR THE STREUSEL
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄8 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄8 cup butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream butter and sugar together in a bowl.
- Add egg, mix well.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt.
- Add to creamed mixture, together with milk.
- Stir in vanilla, followed by strawberries.
- Fill 12 paper-lined muffin cups with batter.
- In a small bowl, mix together sugar, flour and cinnamon, then cut in butter until mixture is crumbly.
- Sprinkle over muffins.
- Bake at 375 F for 25-30 minutes or until browned.