Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe makes a great breakfast muffin, and you could easily substitute blueberries for strawberries.
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 2 1⁄3 cups flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh strawberries or 1 1⁄2 cups frozen strawberries, chopped
FOR THE STREUSEL
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄8 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄8 cup butter
- Cream butter and sugar together in a bowl.
- Add egg, mix well.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt.
- Add to creamed mixture, together with milk.
- Stir in vanilla, followed by strawberries.
- Fill 12 paper-lined muffin cups with batter.
- In a small bowl, mix together sugar, flour and cinnamon, then cut in butter until mixture is crumbly.
- Sprinkle over muffins.
- Bake at 375 F for 25-30 minutes or until browned.
Very good. I replaced the butter with yogurt and just used egg whites and they still passed the picky husband and son taste test
These were wonderful! Before adding the streudel, I took a strawberry slice, coated it lightly with cinnamon-sugar, and placed it on top of the muffin. As they baked, it melted slightly and infused the muffin with intense strawberry flavor. Thanks, this is a keeper!
VERY, VERY good!! The strawberry flavor in these muffins is awesome ! (I used fresh strawberries). I did have to toss the first batch of strudel, though...I tried making it with light margarine and it turned into a big glob. No biggie, though...just remade it with butter, and it was perfect! Thank you for a wonderful recipe!! ~Manda