Prep 15 mins
Cook 55 mins
Yummy and easy, strawberry cheesecake! The creamy texture of the cheesecake and the delicious streusel topping makes this a great recipe! It's very easy to prepare, it's just hard to wait on it to cool to take a bite! ** Recipe was from paper from Martha White. I couldn't find plain strawberry muffin mix, so I used strawberry cheesecake muffin mix and it was yummy!
- nonstick cooking spray
- 2 (7 ounce) packagesmartha white strawberry muffin mix (can use Strawberry Cheesecake Muffin mix too)
- 6 tablespoons butter, cold
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 (21 ounce) can strawberry pie filling
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- Heat oven to 350°F; spray bottom and sides of 10 to 11 inch springform pan with no stick cooking spray.
- Combine muffin mix and butter in medium bowl. Cut in butter with pastry blender or fork until mixture is crumbly. Reserve 1-1/3 cup of crumb mixture. Place in refrigerator.
- Press remaining crumbs in bottom and partially up sides of prepared pan. Place on cookie sheet and bake for 10 minutes.
- Combine cream cheese, sugar, flour, egg and vanilla in large bowl. Beat with electric mixer on medium high for 1-1/2 to 2 minutes or until creamy and smooth.
- Spoon cream cheese mixture evenly over partially baked crust. Spread gently.
- Spoon pie filling evenly over cream cheese mixture.
- Sprinkle reserved crumb mixture and walnuts on top of pie filling.
- Bake 40 to 45 minutes longer, or until golden brown on cookie sheet.
- Cool about 30 minutes.
- Chill 2 hours or overnight (this is the hard part, waiting -- but worth it!).
- Remove sides of pan and place on serving plate to serve! YUMMY!
This is so Delish!!! I make it using differnet pie fillings and different muffins mixes too. Apple Pie filling with Apple Cinnamon muffin. Mix berry muffin mix with cherry pie filling, on and on. Wonderful. Everyone who tried loves it too. I also use just a 9 by 11 aluminum pan or other and it comes out just fine. Easy and Delish!