Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
EVER run out of strawberries in the winter? Here is a down home way to fix the problem.
- 1 quart strawberry, cleaned and fresh
- 0.5 (4 ounce) package strawberry Kool-Aid (unsweetened)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- Mash fresh strawberries lightly.
- Add Kool- Aid, suar and water.
- Stir well.
- Refrigerate 1 hour to blend flavors.
- Use over shortcakes, angel food cake or ice cream. Juicy and taste GREAT.
I'm always looking for a way to stretch fruit; we never seem to have enough of it for topping sundaes. Excellent flavour and texture; served it over strawberry ice cream and it was a real hit! Made for Spring PAC 2010.
This was simple to make and tasted so good! It reminded me of the strawberries that Luby's serves on their strawberry shortcake, except the juice is thinner in this recipe. It made a lot, so I have but most of it in the freezer for later use. Made for PAC - Spring 2008.