Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
One of the easiest and BEST desserts! Twice the STRAWBERRY. Twice the TASTE. Untold numbers of raves!
- Pre-bake pie crust.
- Slice the strawberries into the pie crust.
- In a medium saucepan mix the package of jello with the cornstarch.
- Add the water and the sugar.
- Cook over medium heat until boiling.
- Stir occasionally.
- Pour the boiling mixture over the strawberries.
- Place the pie in the refrigerator.
- Chill for 3-4 hours until the jello glaze sets.
- Serve with big dollops of whipped cream over the pie.
I really love this pie too! I always pour the cooked jello filling into a big glass bowl on top of my cut up strawberries. I gently stir until filling is mixed well, then refrigerate to let it set up, usually overnight. The next day I stir it up again and pour it into my cooked pie shells. This way the crust doesn't get soggy at all from the hot liquid, and I'm better able to gague how much filling to put in without making a mess. Any extra gets put into parfait cups with whipped cream and my kiddo's eat it up! Good stuff!!
Excellent! I can't believe that I just made this recipe yesterday, and it's gone! The strawberries take on such a nice flavor. The only bad part was waiting for it to set!! I would highly recommend this one!! Marianna U. Kretschmer
Very easy, and a good way to celebrate the first berries of the season!