Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
From Bon Appetit. Haven't tried yet, but will while strawberries are in season! Recipe recommends 1-8 hours chill time, which I listed as cook time.
- 236.59 ml shortbread cookie (10-ounce such as Lorna Doone)
- 73.94 ml unsalted butter, melted
- 283.49 g frozen unsweetened strawberries, thawed, juices reserved (about 2 3/4 cups)
- 3 (680.38 g) package cream cheese, room temperature
- 236.59 ml sugar
- 29.58 ml all-purpose flour
- 3 large eggs
- 14.79 ml fresh lemon juice
- 4.92 ml vanilla extract
- 2.46 ml almond extract
- 78.07 ml strawberries or 78.07 ml currant jelly
- 1419.57 ml baskets fresh strawberries, hulled, halved lengthwise
- For crust:.
- Preheat oven to 325°F Butter 9-inch-diameter springform pan with 2 3/4-inch-high sides. Grind cookies in processor to coarse crumbs. Add butter and blend until crumbs are evenly moistened. Press crumb mixture over bottom and 1 inch up sides of prepared pan. Bake crust until just golden, about 8 minutes. Set aside while preparing filling. Maintain oven temperature.
- For filling:.
- Puree thawed strawberries and juices in processor until smooth. Measure 3/4 cup puree (reserve any remaining puree for another use); do not wash bowl. Add cream cheese and sugar to processor. Blend until smooth. Using on/off turns, blend in flour. Add eggs; process until smooth, scraping down sides of bowl occasionally. Add 3/4 cup strawberry puree, lemon juice, vanilla extract, and almond extract; process until well blended. Transfer filling to prepared crust.
- Bake cake until center is softly set and edges begin to color, puff and crack, about 1 hour 15 minutes. Place hot cheesecake on rack. Refrigerate uncovered on rack until cold, at least 4 hours. (Can be made 2 days ahead. Cover and keep refrigerated.).
- For topping:.
- Using small knife, cut around pan sides to loosen cake; remove pan sides. Stir jelly in heavy saucepan over low heat until melted. Arrange berry halves atop cheesecake in concentric circles; brush with warm jelly to glaze. Chill at least 1 hour and up to 8 hours.