From Bon Appetit. Haven't tried yet, but will while strawberries are in season! Recipe recommends 1-8 hours chill time, which I listed as cook time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup shortbread cookie (10-ounce such as Lorna Doone)
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 10 ounces frozen unsweetened strawberries, thawed, juices reserved (about 2 3/4 cups)
- 3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/3 cup strawberries or 1/3 cup currant jelly
- 3 pints baskets fresh strawberries, hulled, halved lengthwise
- 1For crust:.
- 2Preheat oven to 325°F Butter 9-inch-diameter springform pan with 2 3/4-inch-high sides. Grind cookies in processor to coarse crumbs. Add butter and blend until crumbs are evenly moistened. Press crumb mixture over bottom and 1 inch up sides of prepared pan. Bake crust until just golden, about 8 minutes. Set aside while preparing filling. Maintain oven temperature.
- 3For filling:.
- 4Puree thawed strawberries and juices in processor until smooth. Measure 3/4 cup puree (reserve any remaining puree for another use); do not wash bowl. Add cream cheese and sugar to processor. Blend until smooth. Using on/off turns, blend in flour. Add eggs; process until smooth, scraping down sides of bowl occasionally. Add 3/4 cup strawberry puree, lemon juice, vanilla extract, and almond extract; process until well blended. Transfer filling to prepared crust.
- 5Bake cake until center is softly set and edges begin to color, puff and crack, about 1 hour 15 minutes. Place hot cheesecake on rack. Refrigerate uncovered on rack until cold, at least 4 hours. (Can be made 2 days ahead. Cover and keep refrigerated.).
- 6For topping:.
- 7Using small knife, cut around pan sides to loosen cake; remove pan sides. Stir jelly in heavy saucepan over low heat until melted. Arrange berry halves atop cheesecake in concentric circles; brush with warm jelly to glaze. Chill at least 1 hour and up to 8 hours.
Browse Our Top Cheesecake Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cheesecake Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Strawberry-Strawberry Cheesecake
Serving Size: 1 (158 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 367.6
- Calories from Fat 235
- Total Fat 26.1 g
- Saturated Fat 15.9 g
- Cholesterol 127.9 mg
- Sodium 187.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 22.3 g
- Protein 6.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: