Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is a delicious treat using fresh starwberries. It's called "strawberry starwberry" for the double shot of strawberry flavor from the fresh berries and the jello flavor. Recently made this for a work related event and it was a hit--not a sinlge bite left.
- 1 pre-baked pie crust in a deep dish pie plate (just divide the ingredients up equally between the two pies.) or 1 can make 2 pies if using a standard pie plate. you will then need 2 pre baked pie crust (just divide the ingredients up equally between the two pies.)
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup powdered 10x sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 pint ripe strawberry, sliced
- 1 (3 ounce) package Jello gelatin, strawberry flavor
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup hot carbonated lemon-lime beverage
- 1 cup cold carbonated lemon-lime beverage
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- Pre-bake pie crust
- Beat until smooth and creamy, the cream cheese, sour cream, 10x, lemon juice and vanilla.
- Spread cream cheese mixture into the crust.
- Slice the strawberries onto the cream cheese mixture.
- In a medium saucepan mix the package of Jell-O with the cornstarch.
- Add the HOT sprite or 7-up and the sugar, stir until dissolved.
- Add the COLD sprite or 7-up and mix well.
- Cook over medium heat until boiling, stirring occaisionally.
- Remove from heat
- Pour the hot mixture over the strawberries.
- Place the pie in the refrigerator.
- Chill for 3-4 hours until the Jell-O glaze sets.
I made this for Easter dessert. This is a PAC 2010 recipe I chose. this is a great dessert for spring, light and refreshing.
We have to make two of these at a time so every body can enjoy it! Fantastic easy recipe!
This IS the perfect spring or summer time treat. Sweet, creamy, fruity, cool and refreshing. There are never any leftovers with this pie.