Recipe by peg_lyn
This is a delicious treat using fresh starwberries. It's called "strawberry starwberry" for the double shot of strawberry flavor from the fresh berries and the jello flavor. Recently made this for a work related event and it was a hit--not a sinlge bite left.
- 1 pre-baked pie crust in a deep dish pie plate (just divide the ingredients up equally between the two pies.) or 1 can make 2 pies if using a standard pie plate. you will then need 2 pre baked pie crust (just divide the ingredients up equally between the two pies.)
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup powdered 10x sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 pint ripe strawberry, sliced
- 1 (3 ounce) package Jello gelatin, strawberry flavor
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup hot carbonated lemon-lime beverage
- 1 cup cold carbonated lemon-lime beverage
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Pre-bake pie crust
- Beat until smooth and creamy, the cream cheese, sour cream, 10x, lemon juice and vanilla.
- Spread cream cheese mixture into the crust.
- Slice the strawberries onto the cream cheese mixture.
- In a medium saucepan mix the package of Jell-O with the cornstarch.
- Add the HOT sprite or 7-up and the sugar, stir until dissolved.
- Add the COLD sprite or 7-up and mix well.
- Cook over medium heat until boiling, stirring occaisionally.
- Remove from heat
- Pour the hot mixture over the strawberries.
- Place the pie in the refrigerator.
- Chill for 3-4 hours until the Jell-O glaze sets.