Prep 3 hrs
Cook 0 mins
easy fresh dessert the total cooking time is for the preparing and chilling.
- 236.59 ml all-purpose flour
- 29.58 ml granulated sugar
- 118.29 ml butter (solid type) or 118.29 ml margarine (solid type)
- 473.18 ml crushed fresh strawberries or 300 g packagethawed frozen unsweetened berries
- 118.29 ml granulated sugar
- 85 g package strawberry gelatin
- 56.69 g envelope Dream Whip
- 29.58 ml icing sugar
- Preheat your oven 350°F.
- Combine flour and sugar.
- Cut in the butter until crumbly.
- Press into 8-inch square baking tin.
- Bake until a very light golden colour about 15 to 20 minutes.
- In a medium saucepot place two cups crushed fresh or thawed strawberries.
- Add 1/2 cup white sugar, and bring to a boil.
- Remove from heat; add Jello powder and stir well until dissolved.
- Chill until slightly thickened.
- Prepare Dream Whip dessert topping according to the package directions using the 1/2 cup milk and teaspoons vanilla which it calls for.
- Fold half of the prepared Dream Whip into the slightly thickened strawberry mixture and pour into cooled crust.
- Chill in fridge until set. (This should be about one hour or so).
- Beat the icing sugar into the remaining dessert topping and spread over the set layer.
- Chill until serving time.
Oh Yummy! I made this to bring to a girls weekend, and we had it for dessert. Everyone loved it! Simple and delicious, well written easy to follow recipe! Thanks for posting!
I used fresh berries & we loved this refreshing, delicious dessert! It looks very pretty, too.
This was a nice refreshing dessert, we had it after lunch today. I did not crush all the strawberries completely because I thought it would be nice to see a quartered berry ever now and then. I cut this into six pieces and it came out of the pan very nicely without falling apart.