1/3 Photos of Strawberry Squares
easy fresh dessert the total cooking time is for the preparing and chilling.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup butter (solid type) or 1/2 cup margarine (solid type)
- 1Preheat your oven 350°F.
- 2Combine flour and sugar.
- 3Cut in the butter until crumbly.
- 4Press into 8-inch square baking tin.
- 5Bake until a very light golden colour about 15 to 20 minutes.
- 6In a medium saucepot place two cups crushed fresh or thawed strawberries.
- 7Add 1/2 cup white sugar, and bring to a boil.
- 8Remove from heat; add Jello powder and stir well until dissolved.
- 9Chill until slightly thickened.
- 10Prepare Dream Whip dessert topping according to the package directions using the 1/2 cup milk and teaspoons vanilla which it calls for.
- 11Fold half of the prepared Dream Whip into the slightly thickened strawberry mixture and pour into cooled crust.
- 12Chill in fridge until set. (This should be about one hour or so).
- 13Beat the icing sugar into the remaining dessert topping and spread over the set layer.
- 14Chill until serving time.
Browse Our Top Gelatin Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Strawberry Squares
Serving Size: 1 (105 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 335.4
- Calories from Fat 131
- Total Fat 14.6 g
- Saturated Fat 9.9 g
- Cholesterol 30.5 mg
- Sodium 140.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 49.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 36.1 g
- Protein 3.1 g