Recipe by Brenda Tanner-Hebb
My 13 year old daughter made these tonight for the first time.They were very easy for her to make. These are a light tasting strawberry square perfect for a warm summer day.
- 1 cup white flour
- 2 tablespoons icing sugar
- 1⁄2 cup soft butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1 quart strawberry, mashed
- 3 ounces strawberry Jell-O gelatin dessert
Directions See How It's Made
- Crust: Mix together and pat in an 8 x 8 pan. Bake in a 350 degree oven for 10 minutes. Cool.
- Filling: Bring the strawberries to a boil on a low heat, stir in the jello. Stir and cook until the jello is dissolved. Pour strawberry jello mixture into a bowl and set in the refrigerator to cool and thicken. When thickened pour over the cooled crust. Spoon on some cool whip or real whipped cream. Store in the fridge.
- Cut into 16 squares before serving.