Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Spumoni is the Italian version of ice cream. Rich in flavor, but definitely not a low fat dessert. Cook time = freezing time
- 1 quart fresh strawberries
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1⁄2 cup confectioners' sugar
- Wash, hull crush and strain strawberries.
- Add lemon juice and sugar and mix well.
- Pour cream into a bowl and whip while slowly adding confectioner's sugar.
- Continue whipping until stiff.
- Blend whipped cream into strained strawberries.
- Pour mixture into a spumoni mold (or a 1 quart gelatin mold) cover, and freeze until firm (about 2 hours).
- When ready to serve, unmold onto a serving plate.
- Cut spumoni into 6-8 portions.