Recipe by love4culinary
Fabulous and exotic dessert, guaranteeing oooos and ahhhhhs. For best results in serving, you will want to put the dipping sauce in a fondue pot for serving. To serve, decorate plate in a nice pattern with orange curd on the sides and halve the spring rolls and arrange accordingly. Allow guests to dip spring rolls into the dipping sauce.
- 4 1⁄2 ounces unsalted butter
- 3 medium oranges, juice and zest of
- 4 eggs
- 4 1⁄2 ounces raw sugar
- 2 lbs strawberries
- 8 spring rolls, sheets
- 1 egg white
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons arrowroot
- 3 3⁄4 ounces caster sugar
- 2 fluid ounces Grand Marnier
- 2 fluid ounces water
- oil, for deep frying
Directions See How It's Made
- To make the orange curd, put the butter, orange juice and zest together in a saucepan and bring to a boil.
- While you wait for this to boil, whisk the 4 eggs and 4 1/2 ounces of raw sugar together, then slowly temper into the boiling liquid.
- Simmer the mixture until it thickens, stirring continuously making sure the mix does not boil.
- Leave to chill.
- To make the spring rolls, finely dice the strawberries and mix with 1 1/2 Tablespoons of orange curd.
- Mix the arrowroot into the egg white.
- Take one spring roll sheet and turn it so that one corner is facing you.
- Take 3 Tablespoons of the strawberry mix and spoon into the centre.
- Fold in the left and right hand corners to the width of 3 inchces.
- Brush the top of the spring roll with the egg white mixture and roll up tightly. Repeat with the remaining spring roll sheets.
- Deep fry right before you are ready to serve.
- For the dipping sauce, trim and quarter the strawberries and place in a pan with 3 3/4 ounces caster sugar, 2 fluid ounces grand marnier and 2 fluid ounces water.
- Simmer the strawberries until they are soft, then puree the mixture in a blender.
- Serve the sauce in a fondue set with the spring rolls arranged neatly around.