Recipe by Letitia WJ
My sister's friend caters, and gave her this recipe. I've yet to have someone try it and not rave about it! You can substitute raspberries for the strawberries as well. I've also sprayed my won-tons with olive oil and baked them at 400* for 5 minutes instead of deep frying them.
Top Review by mom_of_4
Love this salad! I only needed half of the dressing and it still seemed like plenty. Nice change from the regular kind of lettuce salad. (Loved the won tons!) Will make this over and over again. Couldn't get enough of it.
- 1 lb spinach
- 5 -6 pieces bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 3⁄4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1⁄2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 2 cups sliced strawberries or 2 cups raspberries
- 3 -4 ounces wonton wrappers, diagonally cut and fried
- 1⁄2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup strawberries or 1⁄2 cup raspberry jam
- 3⁄4 cup oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Set oil at 350* and deep fry the won tons until lightly brown and crisp. Or spray with olive oil spray and bake 400* for 5 minutes.
- Cook bacon and crumble, or buy pre-cooked bacon and cut into pieces.
- Put the almonds in a frying pan over medium heat, and continue to move around until lightly browned, and set aside until cooled.
- Slice strawberries.
- For Dressing, mix red wine vinegar, mustard, salt, sugar and raspberry jam. Then add oil and shake or mix well. Refrigerate after serving.
- Layer salad ingredients. Serve dressing on the side.