Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
The dressing for this salad is different than others in that it contains no oil, only mayo. Light mayo and Splenda may be substituted. From my local newspaper Recipe Swap column.
- 283.49 g fresh spinach, washed and stems trimmed off (one bag)
- 226.79 g fresh strawberries, washed and sliced
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 118.29 ml mayonnaise
- 29.58 ml white vinegar
- 59.14 ml milk
- 14.79 ml poppy seed (optional)
- 78.07 ml white sugar
- Toss spinach, strawberries and onion together.
- Mix remaining ingredients together. Start with only 3 Tbsp sugar and taste. You may not want the entire amount of sugar.
- You may also not need the entire amount of dressing. Unused dressing will keep in the refrigerator for a few days.
Delicious. I agree 3 T sugar is plenty. It's an excellent dressing that I expect to use frequently on greens and berries. Thanks for posting! Oh, and I broke up a few toasted walnuts that I had handy and added them. I like crunch :-)
This salad was divine! I had to change a couple of things because I didn't have them but nevertheless this is a super dressing. I used agave instead of sugar. I didn't have strawberries but I had little oranges and they tasted fabulous! I made it for a friend I had to dinner and she loved it!