Recipe by Cookin-jo
The dressing for this salad is different than others in that it contains no oil, only mayo. Light mayo and Splenda may be substituted. From my local newspaper Recipe Swap column.
Top Review by BarbryT
Delicious. I agree 3 T sugar is plenty. It's an excellent dressing that I expect to use frequently on greens and berries. Thanks for posting! Oh, and I broke up a few toasted walnuts that I had handy and added them. I like crunch :-)
- 10 ounces fresh spinach, washed and stems trimmed off (one bag)
- 1⁄2 lb fresh strawberries, washed and sliced
- 1⁄2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon poppy seed (optional)
- 1⁄3 cup white sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Toss spinach, strawberries and onion together.
- Mix remaining ingredients together. Start with only 3 Tbsp sugar and taste. You may not want the entire amount of sugar.
- You may also not need the entire amount of dressing. Unused dressing will keep in the refrigerator for a few days.