Jami Robin's Note:
I got the base of this recipe from allrecipes.com and added a few things myself. The dressing makes this fantastic. This has disappeared quickly every time I serve it! You could also use toasted pecans, blue or gorgonzola cheese, and mandarin oranges instead of strawberries to change it up.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (12 ounce) bag baby spinach leaves
- 13 large strawberries, sliced
- 2 strawberries
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1/3 cup plus 1 tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon poppy seed
- 3/4 teaspoon poppy seed
- 1 (6 ounce) container feta cheese
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup candied pecans (I use Candied Pecans)
- 1In a large bowl, mix the spinach, onion, and sliced strawberries.
- 2Place crumbled feta and candied pecans on top of the salad.
- 3Place the sugar, salt, vinegar, oil, and 2 whole strawberries in a blender or food processor and blend until smooth. Stir in the poppy seeds.
- 4Just before serving, pour desired amount of dressing over the salad, and toss to coat.
- 5Tip: If planning on having leftovers, keep dressing on the side as salad will be too soggy to keep the next day.
Browse Our Top Strawberry Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Strawberry Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Strawberry Spinach Salad With Creamy Poppy Seed Dressing
Serving Size: 1 (184 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 468.1
- Calories from Fat 345
- Total Fat 38.3 g
- Saturated Fat 10.6 g
- Cholesterol 40.1 mg
- Sodium 1299.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 18.8 g
- Protein 9.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: