Prep 25 mins
Cook 0 mins
I got the base of this recipe from allrecipes.com and added a few things myself. The dressing makes this fantastic. This has disappeared quickly every time I serve it! You could also use toasted pecans, blue or gorgonzola cheese, and mandarin oranges instead of strawberries to change it up.
- 1 (12 ounce) bag baby spinach leaves
- 13 large strawberries, sliced
- 2 strawberries
- 1⁄4 cup white sugar
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄3 cup plus 1 tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon poppy seed
- 3⁄4 teaspoon poppy seed
- 1 (6 ounce) container feta cheese
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup candied pecans (I use Candied Pecans)
- In a large bowl, mix the spinach, onion, and sliced strawberries.
- Place crumbled feta and candied pecans on top of the salad.
- Place the sugar, salt, vinegar, oil, and 2 whole strawberries in a blender or food processor and blend until smooth. Stir in the poppy seeds.
- Just before serving, pour desired amount of dressing over the salad, and toss to coat.
- Tip: If planning on having leftovers, keep dressing on the side as salad will be too soggy to keep the next day.
Delicious summer salad. I made this with fresh ingrediants from our local farm stand. Awesome salad to bring to a party. Loved it!