I found the original recipe on Allrecipes.com, although I tweeked it a bit. The balsamic really adds alot of flavor to this salad and the almonds give it a nice crunch. You could toss in some cooked chicken and call it dinner real easy.
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar (I used Splenda)
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon poppy seed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried onion flakes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 4 cups cleaned dry Baby Spinach
- 1 cup strawberry, halved or quartered
- 1⁄4 cup packaged sliced honey almonds (optional)
- Whisk together the sugar, sesame seeds, poppy seeds, sesame oil, dried onion, paprika, oil and vinegar.
- Refrigerate until chilled.
- In a salad bowl, toss spinach and strawberries with some of the dressing.
- You will have more dressing than you will need.
- Sprinkle with sliced almonds if desired.
I absolutely loved this spinach & strawberry salad. The dressing is so nice and thick, just perfect. YUM! I forgot to mention that I didn't add the poppy seeds or the almonds.
Great dressing! I added salt and pepper, and toasted the sesame and poppy seeds.
I also used Splenda for the sugar. The vinaigrette is amazing. This is a wonderful spring time salad and makes an attractive presentation.