Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This salad isn't too sweet, even with the strawberries. It has a good texture with the Monterrey Jack Cheese & the walnuts.
- 1 (6 ounce) bagchopped romaine lettuce
- 1 (6 ounce) bag Baby Spinach
- 1 pint sliced strawberry
- 1 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- 1⁄3 cup chopped walnuts
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 -3 garlic cloves
- Make the dressing at least 6 hours ahead of time. I put it in a shaker & shake it every so often thoughout the day. Store it in the refrigerator.
- Mix the salad ingredients together shortly before serving. Add dressing before serving.
We loved this tasty and delicious salad. The combination of flavors with the strawberries, spinach, lettuce, cheese, walnuts and the dressing is excellent. I tagged this recipe with strawberries for THINK PINK RECIPE TAG EVENT - October 2011.
This was wonderful and refreshing salad, made it exactly like the recipe, only change I made was to use sliced cheese instead of shredded. Will definitely make this again.