Recipe by RyGuy
Eating my spinach has never tasted so good! This salad can be prepared ahead of time and combined just before serving.
Top Review by Canadian Pastry Princess
When I make this salad I add some red onion cut thinly and some poppyseeds to the dressing and I use cider vinegar. Sometimes I add avocado, goat cheese and candied pecans. I could eat this salad every day of my life!
- 1 pint strawberry, sliced
- 12 ounces fresh spinach
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
- 1⁄4 cup canola oil
- 2 teaspoons vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons green onions, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- To toast sesame seeds:
- Spread seeds in one layer in a small baking pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes, shaking pan twice while toasting.
- For salad:.
- Wash spinach and refrigerate.
- Mix the oil, vinegar, sugar, onion, salt and pepper in a bowl or covered pourable container. Keep refrigerated.
- When ready to serve:.
- Tear up the spinach and place in serving bowl.
- Coat wtih sauce and sesame seeds.
- Slice strawberries and toss with the spinach.
- Leftovers will only keep refrigerated for a day or two.