Recipe by Chef Niki
This salad is refreshing and a great change from the everyday salad.Great for spring and summer side dishes!Kids love it.
- 1 bunch fresh spinach
- 12 strawberries, sliced ("or" more)
- 1 medium jicama, peeled,sliced in 1/4 x 2 inch strips
- 2 kiwi, peeled and sliced in 1/2 circle pieces
- 1 cup mandarin orange (canned works well)
- 2⁄3 cup peach juice concentrate ("or" other juice)
- 1⁄3 cup raspberry vinegar
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 tablespoons poppy seeds
Directions See How It's Made
- Salad: Combine all ingredients in a large glass salad bowl.
- When ready to serve,toss with the fruit dressing.
- Fruit Dressing: Blend the 1st five ingredients in a blender for one minute,slowly add the oil and poppy seeds.
- Yield: 2 cups, 1 serving=2 Tablespoons.