Recipe by Sky Valley Cook
A co-worker made this salad at work, and everyone who tried it liked it and wanted the recipe. Very refreshing and perfect for summer or an elegant meal. Enjoy. Cooking time includes chill time.
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon poppy seed
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup distilled white vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon minced onion (optional)
- 10 ounces fresh spinach, rinsed, dried, and torn into bite size pieces
- 1 quart strawberry, cleaned and sliced
- 1⁄4 cup blanched almond, sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- In medium bowl, whisk together sesame seeds, poppy seeds, sugar, olive oil, vinegar, paprika, Worcestershire sauce, and onion.
- Cover and chill for one hour.
- In large bowl, combine the spinach, strawberries, and almonds.
- Pour dressing over salad and toss.
- Refrigerate 10-15 minutes before serving.