Recipe by Southern Sugar Dumplin
This is a fabulous salad, but not the kind that does well the day after. I would recommend only making what you will eat that day.
Top Review by Chef TanyaW
I was going to input my recipe, but found it on here! This is absolutely delicious and I have had multiple requests for this recipe when I have made this salad. You could substitute apples in place of strawberries. The dressing is great for any spinach salad with fruit... I like adding apples and craisins. Seriously... this is great dressing and a great salad.
I use three cups sliced strawberries (but 4 sounds great too). I use 1/2 cup slivered almonds.
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon poppy seed
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup distilled white vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon onion, minced
- 10 ounces fresh spinach
- 1 quart strawberry, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup almonds, slivered
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the sesame seeds, poppy seeds, sugar, olive oil, vinegar, paprika, Worcestershire sauce and onion.
- Cover, and chill for one hour.
- In a large bowl, combine the spinach, strawberries and almonds.
- Pour dressing over salad and toss. Serve immediatley.