A wonderful summer salad. Light and refreshing, perfect for a picnic. Add grilled chicken for a complete meal.
- 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon poppy seed
- 1⁄4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 1 1⁄2 cups strawberries, sliced
- 1⁄2 medium cucumber, sliced in half moon shapes
- 1⁄4 red onion, sliced very thin
- 1 (6 ounce) bag Baby Spinach
- 3 ounces goat cheese
- For dressing, juice and zest lemon. Add remaining dressing ingredients and mix well with whisk.
- Place salad ingredients into Large Bowl. Toss slightly.
- Pour dressing over salad. Slightly toss again.
This is sooooooo good! I could eat this everyday. I didn't measure the sugar, but I don't think I used quite 1/3 cup. I used celery seeds in place of poppy seeds by mistake, but so what. It was one of the best salads I've ever had! Thanx!