Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
There are a lot of spinach salad variations, but this is one of my favorites.
- 1⁄3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1⁄3 cup canola oil
- 1 tablespoon poppy seed
- 1 tablespoon ground mustard
- 1 -2 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cups spinach
- 2 -3 slices cooked bacon, crumbled
- 1 egg, hard boiled and chopped
- 1⁄3 cup sliced strawberry
- 2 chopped scallions
- Combine all dressing ingredients in a jar and shake.
- Pour dressing over salad mixture and enjoy.
I was pretty "fast and loose" with this recipe but thought I would rate it anyway. I misread the recipe and used 1/3 cup of sugar in the dressing (!!!), but it was still good, just sweet (but I like it that way). My salad was simply spinach, strawberries, a cubed nectarine and some red onion. But it would've been even better with the egg and bacon.