This is one of my favorite salad recipes. I got the recipe from a Junior League cookbook.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/3 cup raspberry vinegar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons onions, grated
- 1 cup canola oil or 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons poppy seeds
- 10 ounces fresh spinach, washed and torn
- 1 pint fresh strawberries, washed, capped, sliced
- 1/2 cup almonds, sliced, lightly toasted
- 1In a blender, combine vinegar and next 4 ingredients. Process until blended. With blender running, add oil in a slow, steady stream. Stir in poppy seeds. (Dressing may be stored in refrigerator up to 1 month).
- 2Just before serving, combine spinach, strawberries, and almonds in a large bowl.
- 3Toss with desired amount of dressing.
Browse Our Top Spinach Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Strawberry Spinach Salad
Serving Size: 1 (178 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 490.8
- Calories from Fat 387
- Total Fat 43.1 g
- Saturated Fat 3.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 468.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 20.4 g
- Protein 4.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: