Recipe by Lvs2Cook
This is one of my favorite salad recipes. I got the recipe from a Junior League cookbook.
Top Review by Charlotte J
May 14, 2005...This is like my Recipe #14409 except we never use onions or the salt. It is just very colorful spring/summer salad. Not to mention the dressing is to die for!!
- 1⁄3 cup raspberry vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons onions, grated
- 1 cup canola oil or 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons poppy seeds
- 10 ounces fresh spinach, washed and torn
- 1 pint fresh strawberries, washed, capped, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup almonds, sliced, lightly toasted
Directions See How It's Made
- In a blender, combine vinegar and next 4 ingredients. Process until blended. With blender running, add oil in a slow, steady stream. Stir in poppy seeds. (Dressing may be stored in refrigerator up to 1 month).
- Just before serving, combine spinach, strawberries, and almonds in a large bowl.
- Toss with desired amount of dressing.