Recipe by Southern Lady
Dinner after Sunday church services was always served with a jello style or fruit salad. Brings back the memories and this one dates back MANY years. Passive timing includes "Chill until Set" estimates.
Top Review by tarra_32
This is one of the jello recipes my mother is always asked to bring for Christmas and Thanksgiving (except my mother uses all strawberry jello, she slices the bananas, and most times she uses the frozen sliced strawberries that are packed in syrup). Everyone has their own version that they prefer...so she makes different versions for different people. Some don't like the nuts, others don't like the sour cream.
- 2 (3 ounce) boxes strawberry Jell-O gelatin dessert or 2 (3 ounce) boxes strawberry-banana gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- 2 frozen sliced strawberries, Packaged, RESERVE JUICE
- 20 ounces crushed pineapple, drained
- 3 -4 bananas, smashed thoroughly
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Dissolve Jello with boiling water and strawberry juice.
- Add Strawberries and mix well.
- Add smashed Bananas and drained Pineapple.
- Pour half of the mixture into a large oblong dish (8 x 12 or 9 x 13) and set in refrigerator for about 30-60 mins (est.).
- Spread sour cream evenly over top of congealed jello.
- Add remaining jello mixture and chill until well set (several hours or set overnight for best results).