- 1 single crust pie crust, partially baked (9-inch)
- 2 eggs, at room temperature
- 2 cups sour cream, at room temperature
- 1⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon grated orange zest
- salt, a pinch
- 1 lb fresh strawberries, sliced
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- Whisk the eggs until frothy.
- Add the sour cream, flour, sugar, vanilla, orange zest, and salt; whisk until completely blended.
- Spread the strawberries in the crust in an even layer and pour the filling over them.
- Combine the flour, brown sugar, and butter in a small bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Sprinkle the streusel evenly over the filling.
- Bake for 50-55 minutes, using pie crust shield if the crust is overbrowning, until the top puffs up slightly and the filling is set but springy (the filling won't brown).
- Cool to room temperature on a wire rack, about 30 minutes, or serve slightly warm.