1/2 Photos of Strawberry Sour Cream Pie
1 hr 40 mins
In 'Mrs. Rowe's Little Book of Southern Pies'
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 single crust pie crust, partially baked (9-inch)
- 2 eggs, at room temperature
- 2 cups sour cream, at room temperature
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange zest
- salt, a pinch
- 1 lb fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1Preheat the oven to 350°.
- 2Whisk the eggs until frothy.
- 3Add the sour cream, flour, sugar, vanilla, orange zest, and salt; whisk until completely blended.
- 4Spread the strawberries in the crust in an even layer and pour the filling over them.
- 5Combine the flour, brown sugar, and butter in a small bowl and mix thoroughly.
- 6Sprinkle the streusel evenly over the filling.
- 7Bake for 50-55 minutes, using pie crust shield if the crust is overbrowning, until the top puffs up slightly and the filling is set but springy (the filling won't brown).
- 8Cool to room temperature on a wire rack, about 30 minutes, or serve slightly warm.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Strawberry Sour Cream Pie
Serving Size: 1 (170 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 340.8
- Calories from Fat 195
- Total Fat 21.6 g
- Saturated Fat 9.8 g
- Cholesterol 80.2 mg
- Sodium 182.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 14.5 g
- Protein 5.3 g