Recipe by Amberngriffinco
Rich, fresh tasting and different! Fresh or frozen strawberries with the zing of sour cream!!
Top Review by dallasannjohnson
Several hours before, mashed all strawberries, stirred in sugar and 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice to enhance strawberry flavor. Let sit until sugar is dissolved. Did not cook. Added a teaspoon of vanilla.
- 2 1⁄2 cups strawberries, rinsed
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 1⁄2 cups half-and-half
- 1⁄4 teaspoon almond extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Hull berries and place in 3 - 4 qt pan. Coarsely mash with a potatoe masher. Add 1/2 C sugar and stir occasionally over medium high heat till mix begins to bubble - 2-3 minutes.
- Nest pan in bowl of ice water and stir often till cold, 5-10 minutes. Remove pan from ice water.
- Add remaining 1/2 C sugar, sour cream, half and half, vanilla and almond extract to berries; stir till blended. (Mixture will be streaked)
- Pour into an ice cream maker (1 1/2 qt or larger). Freeze according to manufacturers directions till mixture is softly frozen - dasher is hard to turn, or machine stops.
- Spoon out and seve softly frozen or, to schoop, freeze airtight about 3 hrs; store airtight in freezer up to 1 wk.
- PER 1/2 CUP: 235 calories/42% fat, 2.5g prot/11g fat (7g sat), 32g carbo/34mg sodi; 29mg chol
- (Sunset Magaine).