Rich, fresh tasting and different! Fresh or frozen strawberries with the zing of sour cream!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Hull berries and place in 3 - 4 qt pan. Coarsely mash with a potatoe masher. Add 1/2 C sugar and stir occasionally over medium high heat till mix begins to bubble - 2-3 minutes.
- 2Nest pan in bowl of ice water and stir often till cold, 5-10 minutes. Remove pan from ice water.
- 3Add remaining 1/2 C sugar, sour cream, half and half, vanilla and almond extract to berries; stir till blended. (Mixture will be streaked)
- 4Pour into an ice cream maker (1 1/2 qt or larger). Freeze according to manufacturers directions till mixture is softly frozen - dasher is hard to turn, or machine stops.
- 5Spoon out and seve softly frozen or, to schoop, freeze airtight about 3 hrs; store airtight in freezer up to 1 wk.
- 6PER 1/2 CUP: 235 calories/42% fat, 2.5g prot/11g fat (7g sat), 32g carbo/34mg sodi; 29mg chol
- 7(Sunset Magaine).
Browse Our Top Frozen Desserts Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Frozen Desserts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Strawberry Sour Cream Ice Cream
Serving Size: 1 (115 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 185.6
- Calories from Fat 81
- Total Fat 9.1 g
- Saturated Fat 5.6 g
- Cholesterol 23.5 mg
- Sodium 27.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 21.7 g
- Protein 2.0 g