Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
- 1⁄2 cup light margarine
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 large egg whites, beat till frothy
- 1 cup fat free sour cream
- 2 cups unbleached flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest, minced
- 1⁄2 cup frozen sliced strawberries, thawed, drained
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup oat bran
- 1⁄2 cup flax seed
- 1 tablespoon light margarine
- Cake: Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, cream margarine and sugar. Add whites one at a time and mix carefully (don't over mix). Stir in sour cream and set bowl aside.
- In a medium bowl mix dry ingredients. Add in thirds to the margarine mix (batter will be stiff).
- Stir in vanilla, zest and strawberries.
- Lightly grease a 9 x 13 inch GLASS baking dish and spread batter in (it will spread thin, I got it even using an icing knife). Mix topping ingredients together until crumbly and sprinkle on top of better. Bake 20 minutes.
- *Note: after baking, cover cake to prevent drying out.
wow...so moist and yummy. I think I'd add more strawberries next time, because the strawberry was more of an undertone than i was expecting. i didn't have any flax seed, so i doubled the oats instead, turned out wonderful. Made for PAC Spring 2009