I was browsing just now and came upon a recipe for a strawberry and cream cheese sandwiches, and it sent me down Memory Lane to when I was a kid. We used to make "samwishes" out of things that would make your stomach curl! lol! We made sugar and butter sands, cabbage and ketchup sands, and this one, my favorite, I will share with you. Since this is a thing that we kids made up, you'll just half to adjust the given ingredients. You may want to toast the bread, or even use another kind. I have even used English muffins, toasted. Thanks for looking into my past and I hope you'll enjoy this as much as I did as a small child. Time doesn't include chill time, if you choose to chill it. Note: you can use low-fat or fat-free sour cream if desired (and may use more of less)as well as a brown sugar substitute, if desired. Note* If strawberries are out of season, you can use strawberry jam or preserves, your own or store bought. They're really delicious this way too!
- Slightly mash the strawberies, breaking the skins. Note: you'll want to mash the strawberries so that they're the same size, so they will fit on the bread better).
- Add the brown sugar(more or less to your taste).
- At this point,you can chill the mixture in the fridge if you want it cold.
- Spread the sour cream on the white bread.
- Spread the strawberry/brown sugar mixture onto the bread slices.