Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
A cold soup that not only taste goods but looks good on your table. My kids love it!
- 5 cups sliced fresh strawberries (2 quarts)
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened apple juice
- 2 cups fat-free buttermilk
- 1⁄4 cup dry red wine
- 1⁄4 cup sifted powdered sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 6 tablespoons low-fat vanilla yogurt
- Place strawberries and apple juice in container of an electric blender; cover and process until smooth.
- Transfer to a bowl.
- Add buttermilk and next three ingredients; stir well.
- Cover and chill at least 2 hours.
- Ladle into bowls; top each with 1 T yogurt, swirling it with a wooden toothpick for a design.
I just made this for dinner. It's very tasty and not too sweet. I absolutely love it! I didn't have any red wine handy, so I subbed 1T of basalmic vinegar.