Prep 3 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe was found in the The Old Fashioned Cookbook, published in 1975. Can be served either as a first course or as a dessert.
- 1 pint fresh strawberries
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons brandy (optional)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Wash & hull strawberries, then put the berries & the rest of the ingredients in a blender & process 45 seconds or until smooth.
- Serve in chilled cups.
Very interesting recipe, and well enjoyed, thought this was a nice use for strawberries, and used the brandy option for myself, and my other half, then whipped a batch without the brandy for the kids, which I knew they would enjoy, as we all love strawberries. Thanks Syd.. will use this in the future. Made for Zaar Stars..
Delicious! Never thought of soup as a desert but this is a great desert soup. Smooth, cream and very delicious. Made as written with out the brandy option and would not change a thing. Did not dress it up with garnish as it was hot and just DH and I tonight. But to dress it up would add a dollop of cream topped with a sliced berry. Thanks for the tasty post.