Prep 1 hr
Cook 0 mins
This soup is cold and is so refreshing on a summer day.
- 6 cups fresh strawberries
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup Amaretto
- Clean and cut strawberries in to pieces.
- Reserve 1 1/2 cup of the cut strawberries. Chill until serving time.
- Add the strawberries, water and sugar to the blender and process until soupy.
- Run mixture through a fine strainer to get all the liquid; discard the seeds and solids.
- Pour into a large bowl and add the amaretto, stir.
- Cover and place chill.
- In a small bowl mix sour cream with 1/4 cup powder sugar.
- Cover and chill until serving time.
- To serve mix reserved strawberry pieces into soup.
- Ladle soup into bowls.
- Serve with a spoon of sour cream mixture in the middle. You may use equal amounts of Splenda in place of the sugars.
It's been a LONG time since I've had Strawberry Soup. This really brought back memories. Very refreshing and delicious. Thanks for a great soup. Made for ZWT4.
What an excellent and refreshing recipe. My first time ever trying or hearing of strawberry soup but I am very impressed. This would be excellent on a warm summer day. I loved it a lot, as did my family , and I can only imagine all of the yummy variations you could so of this dish. Thanks for a keeper.