Recipe by SouthernBell2627
This recipe is from "Ambrosia". This is a cookbook from Vicksburg, MS. Excellent dessert for social gatherings.
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 4 egg whites
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons orange-flavored liqueur
- 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen sliced strawberries, thawed
- 1 (12 ounce) carton frozen whipped topping
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix pecans, flour, sugar, and butter to make crumb mixture.
- Spread into a 9x13x2-inch pan and bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes, stirring often.
- Remove from oven and let cool.
- Remove 1/3 of crumbs and reserve for topping.
- Spread remaining crumbs evenly over bottom of pan.
- Beat egg whites until peaks form.
- Slowly add sugar and beat 5 more minutes.
- Fold in lemon juice, liqueur, and drained strawberries.
- Fold in whipped topping.
- Spread mixture over crumbs.
- Sprinkle reserved crumbs on top.
- Cover and freeze for at least 6 hours.
- Remove from freezer and let stand for 20 minutes before serving.
- Cut into squares.