Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
This recipe is from a local cookbook.
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 4 large egg whites
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons orange-flavored liqueur
- 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen sliced strawberries, thaw, drain and reserve 1/4 c syrup
- 12 ounces Cool Whip
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine the pecans, flour, sugar and butter to make the crumb mixture.
- Spread in a 9x13" dish; bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes, stirring often.
- Remove from oven and let cool.
- Remove 1/3 of the crumbs and reserve; spread the remaining crumbs evenly in the dish.
- Beat egg whites until peaks form; slowly add the sugar and beat 5 minutes more.
- Fold in the lemon juice, liqueur, berries and 1/4 c of berry syrup.
- Spread over the crumbs and top with the reserved crumbs.
- Cover and freeze 6 hours or overnight.
- Let stand at room temperature for 20 minutes before serving.
- Cut into squares to serve.