Prep 20 mins
Cook 4 hrs 30 mins
From Light and Tasty. This looks like a great refreshing dessert for summer. I don't use fat-free ingredients, but I think the regular equivalents would work just as well. (If using regular pudding mix the weight will be greater--a 3 or 4 oz box I think). Cook time is freezing time. ZWT 3: U.S. (strawberries)
- 2 cups strawberry sorbet, softened
- 1 cup cold nonfat milk
- 1 (1 ounce) package sugar-free instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 (8 ounce) cartonfrozen reduced-fat whipped topping, thawed
- 1 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- Line a 8x4 loaf pan with heavy-duty foil.
- Spoon sorbet into pan, freeze for 15 minutes.
- In a small bowl, whisk milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes.
- Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set.
- Set aside 1/2 cup whipped topping for garnish; refrigerate until serving.
- Fold remaining whipped topping into pudding and spoon mixture over sorbet.
- Cover and freeze for 4 hours or overnight.
- Remove from the freezer 10-15 minutes before serving; unmold onto a serving plate and remove foil.
- Serve with the strawberries and reserved whipped topping.
This was very interesting, simple to make and a great change from the kinds of desserts we usually eat. I made the recipe exactly as stated but used some frozen fruit I had left over in the freezer. My non-fruit-and-veggie eater gobbled it up!