1/1 Photo of Strawberry Sorbet
2 hrs 20 mins
Judy from Hawaii's Note:
This is a light, but intensely flavored sorbet that is very refreshing when the weather is hot. (Cooking time = freezing time & is approximate.)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine water & sugar in a pan, stir over low heat until sugar dissolves.
- 2Bring to a boil & boil gently for 5 minutes without stirring.
- 3Set aside to cool.
- 4Wash berries.
- 5Remove caps.
- 6Puree fruit in a blender or food processor until almost smooth.
- 7In a medium bowl, combine fruit with cooled syrup and orange juice.
- 8If you have an ice cream freezer, you can put the puree mixture into that & process using the directions with the machine.
- 9Otherwise, pour into an 8 by 8 pan & cover with plastic wrap.
- 10Place in freezer & freeze until almost firm, 1 to 2 hours.
- 11Stir 2 or 3 times with a fork while freezing.
Browse Our Top Frozen Desserts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Strawberry Sorbet
Serving Size: 1 (108 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 125.0
- Calories from Fat 1
- Total Fat 0.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 29.4 g
- Protein 0.5 g