Prep 1 hr
Cook 1 hr
Very refreshing, reminiscent of a strawberry Julius drink, only frozen. Cook time reflects method used for freezing.
- Remove hulls from berries.
- In a blender container, place berries, orange juice, milk, and 1/4 c honey.
- Cover; blend 1 minute or till smooth.
- (If desired, strain raspberry mixture to remove seeds).
- Pour mixture into 9x9x2-inch pan.
- Cover; freeze 2 to 3 hours or till almost firm.
- In a mixer bowl beat egg whites with electric mixer on medium speed till soft peaks form.
- Gradually add 1 T honey, beating on high speed till stiff peaks form.
- Break frozen mixture into chunks; transfer frozen mixture to chilled large mixer bowl.
- Beat with electric mixer till smooth.
- Fold in egg whites.
- Return to pan.
- Cover; freeze 6 to 8 hours or till firm.
- To serve, scrape across frozen mixture with spoon and mound in dessert dishes.
- To make in an ice cream maker:.
- Follow steps 1 through 3. Pour into a plastic container and chill for one hour.
- Beat egg whites until soft peaks form. Add 1 tbsp honey to egg whites and beat until stiff.
- Fold into chilled strawberry mixture.
- Pour into ice cream maker and freeze according to ice cream maker's instructions.
Pretty tasty! Nice and refreshing.
Very good. I used an ice cream maker and it turned out great. Thanks for the recipe
At my house, this sorbet is being consumed before the expensive ice cream and was delightfully fruity and yet not too icy. The egg whites need to be carefully folded in to maintain lightness of the texture.