Recipe by Nif
A fresh and easy dessert. You will have to do some freezing, so add on about an hour for freezing time. Enjoy!
Top Review by Annacia
100% Yum. I used frozen strawberries (defrosted barely enough to blend) and Splenda to sweeten. When blended to the point that there were still some berry chunks I used the ice cream maker to to freeze it in about 15 mins (it was still really cold). I got summer tasting strawberry sorbet with a great lime counter part to the sweet strawberries. :D
- 1 lb fresh strawberries, tops removed
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- strawberry (to garnish) (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a blender, blend all ingredients together until smooth.
- Pour the blended sorbet into a flat pan and freeze in your deep freezer for 45 minutes or more, until firm enough to scoop. My freezer is very cold, so you may need more time. Let sit at room temperature for a few minutes if too frozen.
- Scoop into bowls, garnish if desired and serve immediately.