Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 hrs
I always have room for Jello-O :)
- 1 (3 ounce) box strawberry Jell-O gelatin dessert
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 2 pints strawberries (hulled and pureed, this is about 1-1/2 cups)
- 3⁄4 cup light corn syrup or 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 egg whites, unbeaten or 1 whole egg, slightly beaten
- Dissolve gelatin in boiling water.
- Stir in strawberries, corn syrup and egg whites.
- Pour into 13x9 inch pan.
- Freeze until partially frozen (about 2 hours).
- Spoon half of the mixture into blender or food processor. Cover and process until smooth but not melted (about 30 seconds).
- Pour into a 1-1/2 quart plastic container.
- Repeat procedure with remaining mixture.
- Cover and freeze until firm (about 6 horus).
- OTHER FLAVOR COMBINATIONS:.
- PEACH jello with 4 pitted peeled peaches, plums or 1 medium cantaloupe.
- LEMON jello with 2 or 3 sliced bananas or 3 cups diced peeled pears.
- RASPBERRY jello with 4 pitted peeled plums or 1-1/2 cups pureed cranberries.
- ORANGE jello with 2-3 sliced bananas.
- STRAWBERRY jello with 4 pitted peeled plums.