Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Refreshing! I use a stick blender instead of a regular blender when mixing the syrup and berries. Frozen strawberries can be substituted for the fresh. Cooking time is freezing time in the machine. Recipes for Raspberry Sorbet, Pineapple Sorbet, and Orange Sorbet are at the end of the directions!
- Bring 3 cups water and sugar to a boil over high heat. Stir until sugar dissolves.
- Remove from heat and cool.
- Process sugar syrup and strawberries, in batches, in a blender until smooth. Stir in lemon juice. Cover and chill for at least 2 hours.
- Pour mixture in freezer container of ice-cream maker and freeze according to manufacturer's directions.
- Raspberry Sorbet ~ substitute raspberries for the strawberries, omit lemon juice, proceed with recipe.
- Pineapple Sorbet ~ substitute 2 cups shopped pineapple for the strawberries, omit lemon juice, strain after blending if desired, continue with recipe.
- Orange Sorbet ~ Substitute 3 cups orange juice and 2 tsps grated orange rind for the berries and lemon juice. Proceed with recipe.